HITECH could be the acronym for Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health. On the 17th of February, 2009, American President Barack Obama had approved a $789 billion economic stimulus package in the law, formally termed as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or ARRA. HITECH provides $19.2 billion in stimulus money to health care institutions and individual physicians who manifest a meaningful technique Electronic Health Record technology.
A study reveals that 4 away from 10 doctors, in reality, are utilizing the Electronic Health Record technology. But if we talk with the ones that are bringing the iconic technology into meaningful utilization in its full potential, the score is even lower, 2 away from those 4 who are using this technology. The main motive of the HITECH Act is always to encourage a minimum of 90% of the world’s total doctors to implement the Electronic Medical Record technology inside their work-field, as an alternative to spending half of their period in paperwork.
Using paper information means a primary boost in the potential risk of unlawful access owing to several human factor risks. Naming several, these are:
- Leaving the papers on a desk
- Leaving the information over a printer or facsimile
- Leaving the data somewhere on view where it’s rather a victim of some unlawful intentions
- Leaving the papers in cabinets or drawers, and forgetting to lock those
- Spilling out a patient’s medical information if working over a shared work-station
Not being damaged completely, because of some working disorders inside the dumpster, or another factor
The main five impacts of following the HITECH Act can be:
- Fall within the occurrence of medical errors
- Rise within the quality of health care
- Fall within the medical costs
- Rise in security and confidentiality from the patient
- More lives will be saved
This Act …» Read more