Optimizing your IT data center assets is not as difficult of a process as many believe. The solutions that are provided within DCIM software takes care of the many headaches managers deal with on a daily basis. The areas that DCIM software set out to solve are inventory uploads, asset locations, capacity planning, energy allocation, performance metrics, and much more. The benefits of a successful DCIM implementation are as follows:
- Visual mapping of IT assets across unlimited locations
- Maximize return on investment (ROI) through properly allocating energy resources
- Plan future data center expansions, cooling needs, storage upgrades
- Prepare optimized IT asset layouts
- Monitor cooling, heating, and space uses in real-time
- Learn the needs of your IT infrastructure to plan for future requirements
- Increase the lifespan of all IT assets
- DCIM solutions provide this list of benefits and have the potential to open many new doors for you business or organization.
An important decision for any IT director when it comes to choosing how to properly manage their energy usage in regards to data racks will be related to their data center management solution that they choose to deploy. Selecting the most effective data center to be the home of your or your clients data should not be a simple and quick decision. It’s important for decision makers to carry out in-depth research and analyze all potential options when it comes to data center management solutions.
When choosing a data center to house your infrastructure and data it’s important to carry out quality research and take a close look at several potential solutions. It’s very common for IT professionals and decision makers to have several phone discussions and even visits on site before making a decision. This may help to resolve any lingering questions related to capacity, benefits, and …» Read more