Optimizing your IT data center assets is not as difficult of a process as many believe. The solutions that are provided within DCIM software takes care of the many headaches managers deal with on a daily basis. The areas that DCIM software set out to solve are inventory uploads, asset locations, capacity planning, energy allocation, performance metrics, and much more. The benefits of a successful DCIM implementation are as follows:
- Visual mapping of IT assets across unlimited locations
- Maximize return on investment (ROI) through properly allocating energy resources
- Plan future data center expansions, cooling needs, storage upgrades
- Prepare optimized IT asset layouts
- Monitor cooling, heating, and space uses in real-time
- Learn the needs of your IT infrastructure to plan for future requirements
- Increase the lifespan of all IT assets
- DCIM solutions provide this list of benefits and have the potential to open many new doors for you business or organization.
An important decision for any IT director when it comes to choosing how to properly manage their energy usage in regards to data racks will be related to their data center management solution that they choose to deploy. Selecting the most effective data center to be the home of your or your clients data should not be a simple and quick decision. It’s important for decision makers to carry out in-depth research and analyze all potential options when it comes to data center management solutions.
When choosing a data center to house your infrastructure and data it’s important to carry out quality research and take a close look at several potential solutions. It’s very common for IT professionals and decision makers to have several phone discussions and even visits on site before making a decision. This may help to resolve any lingering questions related to capacity, benefits, and features of the specific storage center, and overall helps the decision maker to discover which firm is going to be liable when it comes to the security of their data.
It’s also highly recommended that a possible data center solution is presented to the entire IT department before any decision is made, and a line of communication between IT professionals and company decision makers is put in place. This way all parties will be able to discuss what their needs will be, and how to best utilize the new software that purchase. It’s quite common that the ones most often in the analytics software are those who have the least amount of say in the final product that is deployed.